We are looking to fill the position of SQA Engineer of all things the incumbent MUST understand Quality Assurance, be familiar with testing techniques and possess reasonably fair written skills.
- Understanding and experience with the QA Process and Methodologies.
- Understanding of SCRUM methodology would be a plus. If you are not familiar with it, now is a good time to read up on it.
- Be able to author test cases, including all scenarios; consequently must be able to tell a test case from a scenario.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and techniques: Black Box etc.
- Understanding of the bug life cycle.
- Be able to tell the difference between severity and priority.
- Must understand UML based Test Plans, requirements specs, functional specs, test cases, bug reports etc.
- Be able to work with spreadsheets.
- Be familiar with configuration management.
- Differentiate Validation from Verification.
- Familiarity with bug tracking tool (any) would also be a plus.
- Selenium for automated testing would be a plus.
- Good written and verbal English skills. Demonstration of written skills will be tested.
- Should be able to author bug reports.
- Should be able to understand ambiguous client requirements.
- Participate in all phases of the testing cycle: create reusable test cases to test our web applications; defect reporting; verification.
- Assist in defining and writing functional specifications and release notes and help when called upon.
- Work closely with each member of the team.
- Proofread documents.